On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 22:15 +0530, Vinod Parthasarathy wrote:
> > How does proper/pure tamil differ from person to person and from
> region to
> > region?

Tt also depends on how much one uses Tamil in day-to-day life.

That certainly makes difference. A Tamil Teacher/ Tamil Medium Teacher
is a common man & people whom you refer is also a common. I do consider
myself a common man & I do see the difference.

Taminadu people uses பயன்படுத்துதல் for using while Lankan Tamils
use பாவித்தல். Those who use it there and here are all common men &
women.

பாவித்தல் is a strange word that seldom conveys something at the outset
to a Common Man here in Tamilnadu.

it goes on..

> There is only one செந்தமிழ். Over the ages, tamil has evolved from
> > Old tamil, middle tamil and now modern tamil. But there is only one
> modern
> > tamil. What differs from person to person and from region to region
> is the
> > dialect and some additional words borrowed/derived from other
> languages
> > without proper application of rules meant for such derivations.
> The தனித்
> > தமிழ் இயக்கம் was an attempt to bring tamil back to its சங்கத்
> தமிழ் format;

I can only say an over-all No, but agree to some element of truth in the
above.

Lets take it up at another opportunity, it getting OT.

--

ஆமாச்சு