--- On Tue, 15/6/10, Thyagarajan தியாகராஜன் <citizenof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel that we are falling short in the content part of the
> session.If we
> deliver content rich sessions, i am sure we will have good
> crowd.
> At this juncture, it is imperative that we need the support
> of  expert
> speakers.

I agree with this. We should schedule atleast 3 talks totalling about an hour
atleast catering to different interest group.

As I have suggested during the meet we can have a series of talks

a. LPI/RHCE syllabus based - suitably modified to be generic
b. Teach langugages not taught in regular curriculam like  perl,python,php,ruby
- systematically in a series of talks

In my opinion best cocktail would be 4 talks - total not more than 1hr 30mins
like this
a.LPI/RHCE/Sysadmin talk -20 minutes
b.Programming series talk - 20 minutes
c.Demo of some application like graphic, animation,netmeeting etc. -20 minutes
d.A talk by student/newbie on what he/she learnt/used recently -20min
e.General disscussion

If we get some highlevel topics like device drivers, cryptography etc., we can
add that also by reducing duration of talk-1 and talk-2.

There can be special sessions for newbies - from installtion onwards - if there
is a demand.

> Personally, I would love to learn more on perl from the
> trio's Raja,Raman
> and Girish

personal teaching aka private tuitions will be charged,  only talks on ILUGC
free.

Raman.P
blog:http://ramanchennai.wordpress.com/