On 16 June 2010 06:50, chidambaresan sakthi <chidambasak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear luggies,
>
> college students is the base peoples,we can able to mould and teach foss..so
> if you people able put a circular to all colleges regarding our activities
> and the regular meet.i am sure,atleast two from the college get entered and
> we fill that 50 seated room.then we have to give brainstorming and group
> discussion to peoples,it will so attractive rather than give more talk.this
> is the project time,we people can insist all colleges to do projects in foss
> and make an announcement that your project can review here means,they are
> much interested and hope the awareness spread over.
> --

I do not agree. Those who have passion for linux will be more
interested and contributing than college students. I think more focus
is given to college students. I believe true audience does not lie in
colleges. Anyone with true interest in linux would be the right
audience. They will be more contributing than college students. Take
my case for exmaple my true venture into linux happened just after
finishing college as a fresher. I learnt linux from the documentation
done at redhat, linuxquestions.org. Whenever i was stuck ilugc helped
me a lot. Now i have grown considerbaly in my career as linux sys
admin. The passion for linux drives everything. So i suggest the best
way to get more people involved is through media, like when we have a
paid session on Linux kernel device drivers or something which can
held once a year or something which is well advertised like in
newspapers , Linux magazine and sites like linuxquestions.org. This
will be enough to bring people for the rest of the 11 months meet.
They will be so impressed by the talk that will drive them to meet and
present talk for the rest of the year. We should have something like
linux conference at chennai. A big show. I know something like this is
happening in bangalore and delhi. Something on the same lines arranged
in chennai by ilugc at a different schedule will not hurt i think.

with regards,
Ashwin K.