On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Akilan R <akila...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:30 PM, openbala <damodaran.bal...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Corporate Users typically choose Windows because
>>  - Accountability, Dependability: IBM, Microsoft, Oracle will sell
>> products with *warranty*, *service*, *support* - which doesn't come
>> for free even in FOSS world. So, given a choice, they always choose
>> the one with a bigger brand value.
>>

> Service and support, yes; but warranty is not given by anyone. Read the EULA
> carefully. So no accountability!

I'm not sure software warranty is 'not given by anyone'. Warranty is
more related to hardware than software, if that's what you meant. But
I just happened to read Microsoft Windows XP Home EULA[0] and they do
give a 'limited' warranty for 90 days.

[0] - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/eula/home.mspx - point no. 15