On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 15:30 +0530, openbala wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
> <law...@thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> > do not forget that microsoft encourages piracy - 'first let them get
> it
> > free and then make them pay'
>
> Oh, you don't have to praise Microsoft so much! You're implying as if
> Microsoft knows how to stop piracy and willingly doesn't want to do it
> :-D

I am not joking - it is microsoft policy to encourage piracy. That is
well known. That is why they only raid now and then - they want people
to use pirated versions, get addicted and then catch them and make them
pay. Bill Gates once said: 'millions of chinese are now using windows -
now we have to get them to pay for it'.

> On a serious note, last time I inquired about pirated copies of
> Windows Vista (it was a year back) in Ritchie street and Burma bazaar
> - No one had it. They said police were very particular about cracking
> down pirated copies of Windows and there was pressure from 'central'
> govt on this. Not sure whats the state of Windows piracy now.

a friend of mine was offered windows 7 pirated in Richie street two
months back.
--
regards
KG