The source code was sent in an anterior mail.

Meaning of anterior:

$ dict anterior
>From WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) [wn]:

  anterior
      adj 1: of or near the head end or toward the front plane of a
             body [ant: {posterior}]
      2: earlier in time [syn: {anterior}, {prior(a)}]
      n 1: a tooth situated at the front of the mouth; "his
           malocclusion was caused by malposed anteriors" [syn: {front
           tooth}, {anterior}]

Back to business.

The UI effects,the real core of jQuery animation and probably all
animation activity
 since I am sure that animation existed even before the advent of the web.

Just like perl never invented regular expressions, I believe all these
animation names ought to be
 memorized.

Let me list them

Blind
Bounce
Clip
Drop
Explode
Fade
Fold
Highlight
Puff
Pulsate
Scale
Shake
Size
Slide
Transfer

The above words ought to be memorized as they are perfect English
words that have a
 real meaning in life.

So it is not really difficult at all to remember.

Basically our mind finds it hard to learn Sanskrit because the words
are not familiar to us.

But since we are already used to these we only have to see it and use
it in animation context.

The way you use the jQuery UI's animation API is this:

 $( "#effect" ).effect( selectedEffect, options, 2000, callback );

First the jQuery selector.

$('body') is also a selector.

Then the effect API, then you can call it like this:
var options = {};
$('body').effect('fold', options, 2000);

The callback is just a function to call at the end of the effect.

That is a standard feature in all jQuery APIs. We can ignore that.

The 2000 is the delay in milliseconds(1 thousandth of a second) for
which the effect will run.

This is also standard. For setInterval() and setTimeout() it is the same metric.

So the way you can invoke this API is by including these jQuery plugins:

<script src="/jquery/jquery.min.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-blind.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-bounce.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-clip.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-drop.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-explode.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-fade.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-fold.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-highlight.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-pulsate.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-scale.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-shake.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-slide.js"></script>
        <script src="/jquery/jquery.ui.effect-transfer.js"></script>

Usually we do not employ these many plugins.

But since this is complicated math a separate plugin is required for
each effect.

Hope this clarifies.

Now you can play with it to learn and enjoy.

Now for the biggest LIE ...

So far whatever animation I showed you was a lie.

Only these are animations.

Whatever else I called as animations were not really animations quote unquote.

Make your own judgement.

I leave it to you.

-Girish

--