Please check
http://formation.espacecourbe.com/choosing/dbc_crashMe20001011.html
and some comparision reports
http://formation.espacecourbe.com/choosing/

Regards
shantanu

On 16 Oct 2003 12:15:25 +0530, Tarun Dua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 11:35, Ambar Roy wrote:
> Geocrawler use Postgres.
Intresting thing about Geocrawler & AudioGalaxy using postgres was that both
of these sites seemed to go offline for daily maintainence during the middle
of the day here in India. Both the sites ran Postgresql, and were probably
running a daily database cleanup. IMHO this is what has kept me away from
considering postgresql for serious databases. Has this issue of regular
database maintainence been solved by the recent versions of postgresql?
I haven't heard about any horror stories on PostgreSQL lately although I
prefer MySQL till now.
I am planning a migration from MySQL to Postgres.
-Tarun