About the tv tuner card- It was very difficult to get it working in XP
and all windows platform----- but I used it on linux- lo behold, i did
not need to do any configuration at all.
I have an Aver Media Go series tv tuner card- around 2200/- with bt878
chip. After istallataion of linux, i just started xawtv and it worked.
Nothing was needed on my part.
Regards,
arvind