> Raj's point is having an editable document - which PDF is not (unless
> you have acrobat I think). Why dont you release the document in the
> original sxw file only?

point taken. on receiving your email, sandip, have published the
openoffice source document on the linux-delhi downloads area
immediately.

> I fact I strongly feel that we Luggers should start promoting the
> OpenOffice sxw format as much as possible. OpenOffice is style oriented,
> can interwork with many file formats, has good printable(read PDF)
> format support, and is available(OOo that is) on all major platforms.
> Also, it makes people more comfortable in contributing to it because of
> the easy word processor interface.

not to mention that the native file format is really an xml which makes
it all the more fun. i have begun to suspect that most typesetting
aspects of OO are inspired by TeX and have a few examples i can share.

OO does a superior job of typesetting than MSOffice, imho, in some
aspects.

incidentally, have been using openoffice for all my wordprocessing to
extreme use (in my domains) for nearly a year. it rocks. earlier, used
to experiment with staroffice5.2 though my favourite wordprocessor
(sentimental+inspiring) has always been MacWrite, which i first used in
1985.

okay, let's have a show of hands, how many of you *really* use
openoffice?

:-)
LL