On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 17:26, Ashwin Baindur wrote:

> * With help - Volunteers required please who can showcase the install, the
> use of the Seven Steps to Samadhi programmes, speak on Newbie topics.

i have done several talks, seminars, and workshops, where have walked
through the seven steps to samadhi programme. the document is both an
outcome of that, and a documentation for that. could do one for ilug-d
as well.

suggestion: one or two newbies could bring their *fully backed up* and
ready-to-migrate pcs to the meet, where volunteers could demo an
install.

> * With resources - For example, I'd appreciate if you can bring some Linux
> books, CDs or something to the meet to show/inspire/educate the Newbie.

abhishek could come with a nice collection set of LinuxForYou *and* a
one-page flier of a summary of topics through the 10 months for newbies.

> * By passing the word to Newbies about this Golden Opprtunity - if we can
> get even say a dozen newbies of whom say even three-four get hooked - we'd
> have achieved success. Anything more than that would be good success, great
> success or extraordinary success (depending on how many come .AND. become
> Linux-lovers).

neat idea.

> I'd be able to do a little bit of each of the things I've asked help for -
> but the success of an ILUGD Meet depends on - how many ILUGDites actually
> come, and as importantly, how many get 'involved' in organising the meet.

members could spread the word *beyond* and *outside* the firewalls of
linux-delhi? ad-hoc, verbatim. what do you say?

> Now, dear ILUGDites - the cat is out of the bag.
> Let's put our words into
> action and move forward to make the Meet a success.
>
> PS - I promise to deliver on the Jungle Juice ;-) .
> Regards, Ashwin

let's do a dhamaka in december

:-)
LL