> All I was saying was if some extra help could be extended to people who
are
> new to Linux, it could make things easier for them. When I say extra
> help...I dont mean anything more than emailed solutions that list a
stepwise
> procedure, instead of a referal to a manual that has several thousand
things
> to confuse a beginner.

OTOH, keep things in perspective.. he was asking for QoS. Hardly a
beginner's topic, is it ? :)

So what did you expect ? one of us coding a readymade script for him and
saying "here you go.. we will pretend it is still christmas" ? :)

He made out like he was the admin. So frankly speaking he should be used to
reading manuals and getting what he wanted from them. Or if he is not the
admin, his company should hire a competent guy.

I think it is a bad idea to allow a guy who shirks from learning things to
setup servers etc., and thus  leave open mail relays and easily exploitable
servers which get used to create a problem for other people.(not necessarily
insinuating that *he* is one or not).

You may have valid points but they are not applicable to the case in
question.

- Abhi