--- LinuxLingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but i can't. it's locked. i can only do that as
> root.
> how can i access this as LL under Fedora? especially
> when i am doing
> this thru gui-based software, e.g saving a file thru
> openoffice, or
> trying to access a file thru sodipodi or something?

 YOu have to give appropriate permisions to the
mounted directory. Normally only read permision is
provided to such directories. I normally set the
permissions to 777 for such shared directories. You
can try with 716, this should give you write
permission to the directory. But be careful, other
users will also be able to write into this directory
if you give write permission.
 The best practice is to make a new directory with
permissions set to 666, and use this directory for
sharing data across partitions or machines

Regards
VK

=====
Disclamer
The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The distinction is
yours to draw...