Good Viksit,

You mean that I have to give up the idea to use Winex.  And I have to turned to GTK/QT
from the scrach to make this program currently running under windows.  why you said
'But IMHO, not a very good idea".  Will you post me the web link from where I can get
idea to implement my problem's solution (e.g. GTK,QT,MYsql.)

Viksit Gaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!> I

> am using a visual basic front end and Ms access
> backend application under windows os.
Duh! WHY? :)

>Is there any
> alternate, if i want to migrate from
> windows to linux. so tell that the alternatives
> will directly transfer the
> data and structure from windows or I have to design
> it again or It will be work as it is in linux
> through or by some emulator.

Well, one possible method is using Wine in Linux to
run your app after its done building and compiling.
But IMHO, not a very good idea.

The other alternative is to use GTK/QT with MySQL as a
backend.

What the hell is GTK/QT, you say????

GTK is the Gimp Toolkit and QT is another Rapid
Application Design platform from Trolltech. Both can
be used in methods slightly similar to VC++ and VB
respectively, to develop apps for X. Extensive
documentation is available for both online. Infact,
you probably have Kdevelop or QT Designer already on
your system if you did a RH install with the dev apps.

You might also like to use Anjuta, which I think is
one of the best IDEs available for Linux, to develop
code for anything. MySQL is the free database
available (and the most popular) at mysql.org. Its
fast, small and lightweight and should suit your
purposes optimally.

HTH,

=====
--
Viksit Gaur
http://www.viksit.com

me[at]viksit.com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org

'Not all who wander are lost.'
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring