Hi Vijay
and all other VB developers out there desiring to move to Linux w/out
leaving the feel of VB.

I am also a VB developer on MS Access backend. For the past few months i
have been searching badly for Linux alternative of the same. Ultimately, I
found something really interesting.
Check out www.realsoftware.com for their product RealBASIC 5.5.1

It is a visual  basic alternative with very similar language and interface.
A built-in database engine similar to MS Access.
It also gives a facility to import not so complex vb programs and ms access
database structures.

Another best thing is the same program can be compiled to work on Windows,
MAC and Linux  making it OS independent.

There are only two drawbacks:
1. Its IDE is available in Windows and MAC. You have to compile the program
for Linux from Windows or MAC.
2. It is not free.

You can download a 10 days demo from the site, but it is not a sufficient
time to learn it.
But still, go ahead and try it. It is worth it.

Kunal