Kunal Singhal (Linux) wrote:

One small query.
I wanna install four different version of Linux on my system... Red Hat Fedora,
Mandrake, Suse, ELX.
What I want to know is that while making the partition structure can I make a common
partition among the above four version for
1) Swap
3) Boot

hey,
A common swap partition might work, in fact I don't see any reason why it should'nt. As for the other two partitions, a common /boot will definitely not work. You need to have seperate /boot partitions for each distro. A common /home might just work if you have the same user accounts on each of the distros and their UID/GIDs are also the same, which is highly unlikely. I presume, that you're not a Linux expert, or else you would not have asked this question. I would suggest you to have a single swap and a single / for all the other distros, otherwise the number of partitions will soon become unmanageable.

HTH,
Sharninder