Amit Sharma wrote:
<snip>

in all this my question is still left unanswered !!

yes, i am able to telnet port 110 and my telnet service is also on.

Good God! That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my last mail. You *don't* need your Telnet server to be on to use a telnet client!

no
Iptales/Firewall is running still unable to telnet port 25

also, nmap -sS 127.0.0.1 shows

<snip>

so that means port is open, then why i get

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

You did not need to run nmap or netstat to see that your port was open. That is apparent - otherswise you have recieved a "Connection refused", instead of a "Connection closed by foreign host".

Please understand that you are getting connected on the SMTP port, and then getting thrown off.

Mail me your Postfix config file and the output of "netstat -tnlp" offlist.

Varun Varma