Fri 2-Jul-2004:: ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New events:1   Total events:29
What:RedHat Linux Meetup
When:Thu, Jul 01, 2004 - 07:00PM
Where:Barista, G-33, Sector-18, Noida,
Contact:Peeyush Maurya
Category:Upcoming/Recent Events

RedHat Linux meetup to discuss and know few linux experts around city.

Register yourself and know linux better
http://redhat.meetup.com/...

New Discussion forum postings:12   Total postings:181
1. Category:Linux Web Servers  Author:Arshad
Subject:installation guide/manual for linux server
Date:Jun 25, 2004
I want to install a dialup server containing some data, and which can be accessed by
the users using the defined id & password,...

2. Category:Linux Web Servers  Author:Sharad Birmiwal
Subject:RE:installation guide/manual for linux server
Date:Jun 26, 2004
The following link may help:
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/ISP-Setup-RedHat-HOWTO.html...

3. Category:Distributions  Author:Neeraj Chopra
Subject:RE:FREEBSD UNIX 4.10 REQUIRED
Date:Jun 26, 2004
Got freeBSD 5, but a package needed to start xserver is damaged, so only text mode can
be put on.

You can surely have it if i...

4. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Dinesh Ahuja
Subject:Uisng libmxl2 in Red Hat LInux
Date:Jun 27, 2004
Hi Everybody,

Has anybody used libxml2 library in C/C++ ? I have installed the libxml2 library but
facing probelm in compilin...

5. Category:Job Openings  Author:Harish Balakrishnan
Subject:RE:Job Openings at Veritas, Pune
Date:Jun 28, 2004
sir,

     I had got an offer to undergo One month(July) training at ICS who had been
developing several linux applications l...

6. Category:~Other  Author:Harish Balakrishnan
Subject:Job I would prefer
Date:Jun 28, 2004
I have  a strong desire to work and learn in the open source field such that I would
be having a better understanding of industr...

7. Category:Job Openings  Author:Abhash
Subject:Technical lab Exercises development
Date:Jun 28, 2004
I am looking for technical writer cum SME for the purpose of developing and testing 5
LAB exercises based on the VMWare ESX Serv...

8. Category:Linux in Business  Author:Dinesh kumar
Subject:embedded systems
Date:Jun 28, 2004
Linux is growing leap and bounds as a platform for embedded systems developers, what
do u think?...

9. Category:Networking  Author:Peeyush Maurya
Subject:RE:Bandwidth Management
Date:Jun 29, 2004
Look at this..

http://www.peeyush.tk/  #here u will find link for bonding/2ISP...

10. Category:Linux in Education  Author:Nilesh sonavani
Subject:Secure Copy
Date:Jun 29, 2004
Hello,

How do we synchronise files using SCP on servers.

I mean to say if we want to copy some files every night from one...

11. Category:Linux in Business  Author:Saurabh Agarwal
Subject:RE:embedded systems
Date:Jun 29, 2004
Hi,
i do agree fully with you.
Have u started working on embedded systems ?
I want to make one embedded system so if you have...

12. Category:Linux in Business  Author:Dinesh kumar
Subject:RE:RE:embedded systems
Date:Jul 01, 2004
I am working on a forum for budding developer to share ideas and resources on this,
will let u know soon....

New news items:1   Total news items:59
1. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Whizlabs Software
Subject:Online Linux Training for Red Hat Linux Certification (RHCE) Redefined
Date:Jul 01, 2004
Whizlabs Software has redefined Linux certification (RHCE) preparation with its award
winning instructor-led, online Linux training. Whizlabs Software was declared the
First Runner Up in the "Best Linux Training" category in the first annual Linux World
Magazine Readers' Choice Awards by SYS-CON Media....

New downloads:1 Total downloads:37
1. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Sudev Barar
Filename:Syn_attack.pdf  Size:283529
Date:Jun 30, 2004
June meeting we discussed shortcomings of tcp packets and how this can lead to syn
attack. Just a few days later I was discussing with a network administrator who had
done packet sniffing to zero down on such a attack and had captured it on his program.
Attached file shows syn attack in graphical format. Observe the lines of packets
radiating out of a single machine, infected with a virus, to all the machines in
network. Also the third page shows the virus signature and syn packets with no return
address.
As a newbie I found it interesting....

New members:34   Total members:2945
1. Abhash, Novice, India
2. Abhilash Nair, Novice, India
3. Abhinav arora, Novice, delhi, India
4. Abhishek Kumar, Other, India
5. Amit, Guru, haryana, India
6. Arshad, Novice, Delhi, India
7. Ashok Appu, Novice, Delhi, India
8. Dharmesh Gupta, Power User, UP, India
9. Dinesh kumar, Novice, new delhi, India
10. Ganesh Sharma, Power User, Punjab, India
11. Gaurav tripathi, Novice, uttar pradesh, India
12. Harish Balakrishnan, User, Kerala, India
13. Jaga desh, Novice, India
14. Josheph Wolmer, Power User, Delhi, India
15. Nilesh sonavani, Novice, Maharashtra, India
16. Niraj Sahay, Novice, India
17. Peeyush Maurya, Novice, UP, India
18. Prasanta Lenka, Novice, Orissa, India
19. Rahul deelwal, Novice, India
20. Rajesh, Novice, India
21. Ramanan Iyer, User, Delhi, India
22. Ravi Srivastava, Novice, UP, India
23. Ritesh jagtap, User, maharashtra, India
24. Rupesh k, Novice, maharashtra, India
25. S S Venkatraman, Novice, India
26. Sahil seth, Novice, punjab, India
27. Sankar Ramasamy, Power User, Tamilnadu, India
28. Saurabh Agarwal, Other, Haryana, India
29. Shameem ahmad, Novice, delhi, India
30. Sharad Birmiwal, Novice, Delhi, India
31. Sreekiran KR, Novice, Karnataka, India
32. Subhashish Saha, Novice, Assam, India
33. Surendra gupta, Novice, delhi, India
34. Whizlabs Software, Other, New Delhi, India

Send your suggestions, comments or feedback to 'nkapoor at webrachna dot com'