Fri 4-Jun-2004:: ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New events:2   Total events:26
What:ILUGD Monthly Meeting Sunday 23rd May 2004
When:Sun, May 23, 2004 - 02:00PM
Where:eSys Office B-65, Okhla Indl Area Phase-1 New Delhi-20
Contact:Tarun Dua
Category:Upcoming/Recent Events

ILUGD Monthly Meeting Sunday 23rd May 2004

Theme: Linux Tools
Speakers in the Meet
1. Raj Shekhar: Customizing Emacs for PHP Development
2. Akshay Lamba: Security tools in linux and their utilization in a organization
3. Yashpal Nagar: Linux System administration tools including rsync, ipsec
4. Eshwar: sed and awk the powerful text processors
5. Goldwyn Rodrigues: SCTP a new transport layer protocol accepted into the Linux
Kernel

What: ILUGD May meeting - Linux Tools

When: Sunday, Sunday 23rd May 2004, 14:00 hrs - 18:00 hrs

Where: eSys Office B-65, Okhla Indl Area Phase-1 New Delhi-20.
eSys office has a Wifi Cloud so do bother to bring along your wifi-enabled Laptops.
Directions:
* Come to Kalkaji Mandir crossing (near Balaji estate)
* Assuming you are coming from Nehru Place, turn right towards Okhla(those coming from
Escorts' side will have to turn left)
* Continue down this road for several kilometers
* You will reach a circle...continue ahead
* Now you need to turn left (the first left turn after the circle) and move for about
1km.
* You should notice a big white eSys building on your left
* Seek directions from Yashpal or natives in the area
The meet is open to all
Be there and get counted.
Contact: Yashpal Nagar : 01135998512...

What:RHCE MEET
When:Sun, May 30, 2004 - 09:30AM
Where:JANAK PURI DISTRICT CENTRE call 9810659851
Contact:Rajat Duggal
Category:News/Announcements

rhce meet :

venue: NEAR ARCHICES, DISTRICT CENTER JANAK PURI
Tel:   9810659851 011-25030471 (resi of rajat duggal)
Time: 9:30 morning to  11.30 morning

FOUNDER
rajat duggal
9810659851
--------------------
CO -ORDI.
call vikram
9810804171...

New Discussion forum postings:14   Total postings:148
1. Category:Installation  Author:Nitin Jain
Subject:xmms
Date:May 28, 2004
Can somebody help me in running Mp 3  and my HSP56 internal micromodem on Red Hat 9?
Any rpm?

Nitin Jain...

2. Category:Installation  Author:www.linbazaar.tk
Subject:RE:xmms
Date:May 30, 2004
RH and Fedora no longer give MP3 codec bcoz its not free

Way 1 : (not so sure of this) Get the latest XMMS (maybe it supports...

3. Category:Linux in Education  Author:www.linbazaar.tk
Subject:RE:Mounting
Date:May 30, 2004
Not sure about which Kernel you are using

But get KERNEL 2.6.x It supports NTFS

or better still get a better distro like P...

4. Category:Getting Started  Author:www.linbazaar.tk
Subject:RE:getting rid of SWAP Partitions...!?
Date:May 30, 2004
Not @ all. With 512 MB of RAM I just think you need SWAP!

Unless you are going to watch a movie, do 3d work, surf the interne...

5. Category:Distributions  Author:www.linbazaar.tk
Subject:RE:I need Mac OS X
Date:May 30, 2004
Omigosh!!!

Khulam Khulaah Piracy ka JAMANA aa gaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

6. Category:Getting Started  Author:Amit
Subject:Mutt , fetchmail , procmail
Date:May 31, 2004
hi guys , i really need help as i am going nuts.

i have 2 pop accounts and i recieve 1000+ mails daily.
i have been using ou...

7. Category:Installation  Author:Amit
Date:May 31, 2004
check out xmms.org and you will need to download the mp3 plugin.

about the modem , not sure , but if its internal the probabi...

8. Category:Linux in Education  Author:Amit
Date:May 31, 2004
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/redhat9.html

Amit...

9. Category:Getting Started  Author:Amit
Date:May 31, 2004
With 512mb ram , i would recommend you keep 250 mb swap.

Unles , you are using applications that are require high RAM.

You...

10. Category:Installation  Author:Amit
Subject:RE:Video??
Date:May 31, 2004
Check your log file and look for the EE lines.
This would tell you the error.

You might be having no screens or mouse err...

11. Category:Getting Started  Author:Amit
Subject:RE:format ext3 to vfat?
Date:May 31, 2004
If you want to preserve data , look into partition magic . highgly recommended !!!
If you want to know the partition id , you c...

12. Category:Getting Started  Author:Rohit Kumar
Subject:RE:RE:format ext3 to vfat?
Date:May 31, 2004
Hello amit.

<cfdisk [what options to use?] [device]>
Also, what is diff b/w fat32 and fat32 lba they had diff id's assigned...

13. Category:Installation  Author:www.linbazaar.tk
Subject:RE:RE:Video??
Date:Jun 01, 2004
In REDHAT /Fedora

I couldnt come accross the command: XF86* Config (and more like these)

The command i know is redhat-conf...

14. Category:Installation  Author:Varun Chaudhry
Subject:Keyboard and mouse problems
Date:Jun 04, 2004
hi,
   need help on a problem which i just can't seem to resolve. I have installed Red Hat
9 on one of the machines in office....

New news items:5   Total news items:46
1. Category:Job Openings  Author:Meeta Chatterjee
Subject:Immediate openings at Delhi and US
Date:Jun 04, 2004
I am a Kolkata based manpower consultant, for my client located in Delhi and with
offshore office in US I am looking for people with the following skill set.

<b>Position: Tibco / Unix System Admin</b>
No. of Open positions: 10
Location: Delhi

Must have:

- Unix fundamentals/Basics - file system management, processes, threads, memory
management in different UNIX versions, Unix boot process etc.

- Experience in installing and troubleshooting products that run in UNIX environment.

- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting (awk, sed, lex, etc.)

- Good programming abilities in PERL/PERL-CGI/JAVA/C

- Willingness to do support role in shifts.
- Good communication skills

Desirable Skills:

Good to have exposure to TIBCO and Siebel integration.

Qualification: B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech

Years of experience: Total experience of 3 to 6 yrs...

2. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Tarun Dua
Subject:IRC Channel for ILUGs at irc.freenode.net
Date:Jun 04, 2004
We have started an experiment by putting up a #linux-india IRC channel
on irc.freenode.net . Even as I write this we have a good discussion going on in the
channel. Please do join us.
-Raj Shekhar...

3. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Rajat Duggal
Subject:RHCE SECOND MEET .....
Date:May 31, 2004
NEXT MEET ON NEXT SUNDAY 7TH JUNE 2004:
DISUSSION ABOUT ...
1)PLACE TO MEET AND START NEW SETUP AS A COMPLETE LAB! SETUP FOR RHCE
2)CONTENTS AND INTERNET CONNECTION
3) MEMBERSHIPS ( FREE)
4) SUBMISSION OF BIO DATA AND DOCUMENTS BY EMAIL
AND MORE ..... ON RHCE EXAM !!!!!

RAJAT DUGGAL
9810659851
JANAK PURI / DWARKA /vikas puri
TIME 5 PM EVENING...

4. Category:Programming  Author:Sanjeev Kumar
Subject:Start X without Gnome But With any Window Manager as you login
Date:May 30, 2004
Start X without Gnome But With any Window Manager as you login
Like the Icewm with have the win 95 look and have a very high speed even linux 9 with
128 will have the power with that thing
To Get this call me of meet me at 011 22589476
E-29-a Jyoti Colony Shd. Delhi 110032...

5. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Rajat Duggal