With IIT degree in Com. Science, there could be better things to do than
be in Sys Admin. It is a thankless , low paid job.

These days one does not need a technical degree to be in sys admin.. and
there are abundant of sys admin ( non-technical back ground )  in India.

However if you are planning to settle abroad then it is a good choice..

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 12:27, Mr. Dushyant wrote:

> Dear sir,
> I am final year student of IIT Delhi(computer science). I am very keen
> in persueing my career as system administrator (though I don't have
> much experience as system administrator).But due to my academics I am
> not able to pursue full time career as system administrator now still
> I would like to do some volunteer work so that I can have hands-on
> experience.
> Could you please consider. I have in depth "theoretical" knowledge of
> Linux, and other Unix like arch's, operating systems and computer
> networks,My Resume is attached with this mail.
> I would be highly obliged if you let me know if you can help.
> Thank You.
> Dushyant
>
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:52:33 +0530, Dhruv Soi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > We have urgent requirement for System Administrator with our organisation.
> > It will be level 1 profile and person should be capable of handling complete
> > IT infra, project planning and resourcing. Should be capable of taking
> > initiatives and implementing new setups.
> >
> > Person should be excellent in Linux Environment, should have good knowledge
> > with Windows/Solaris systems as well, capable of handling LAN/WAN, sound
> > knowledge of IPTABLES(experience in Shorewall would add advantage), IDS,
> > bandwidth monitoring tools, PPTP/IPSEC VPN, Squid, Sendmail, Apache/Tomcat,
> > Samba, CVS, LDAP, Mysql, Bugzilla, CUPS, Cisco routers, perl scripting,
> > excellent communications skills.
> >
> > Please send your profile to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Opening is Noida based (Morning shift), you can call me incase you like to
> > have more details about profile.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dhruv
> >
> > +91-9899884990
> >
> > System Administrator
> >
> > Momentum Technologies(SEI CMM Level 5 company), Noida
> >
> > www.momentum-tech.com

Anil Bindal
DCM Technologies