in infinite wisdom Frederick Noronha (FN) spoke thus on 01/05/06 19:35:

> Early entrants like the Simputer and other low-cost PCs are being still
> viewed skeptically. Globally too, thin-clients have managed to make only
> small inroads.

Mobilis, that was launched by the makers of simputer, was promising and
I called the company to find more about it.  The guy took my email id
and never got back. If you check their website, it is woefully lacking
in details, however there are a ton of 'press coverage'.  From what I
can see, they have promised a lot, but delivered too little.

*If* mobilis had  delivered as much as it promised (and on time), I can
see a good use for it (at least for myself).  Since most of my work is
done from emacs, I could use it as portable emacs.  Alas! Real life
sucks! :-)

--
          _.-,               raj shekhar
     .--'  '-._           http://rajshekhar.net