On 01-Feb-07, at 10:18 AM, Sudev Barar wrote:

> While they may be aare they need to be made aware of community
> dis-approval of such event names being used and associating such
> sponsors with them. Silence to reflect our protest will not get us
> anywhere.

this is the 'assurance':
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.ilugc/36498/
match=linuxasia

> Far feched but KG perhaps NRC-FOSS can do it's bit??

NRC-FOSS participation was decided when we thought ilugd was running
the show in collaboration with LFY. The microsoft news came too late
in the day for changing plans (we *are* a govt thingie and not too
much into protesting). However our participation is far less than it
would have been had ilugd been part of the show. I personally have
been making a noise, but there are a lot of oss people who are
neutral to microsoft - and even target the microsoft platform. In
fact, a large number of foss applications spend more of their time
finetuning the microsoft ports of their applications than the linux
ports. Each to his own poison.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves