Hi,

On 2/8/07, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2/7/07, Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<massive snip>

> > You can't blame the media - the media sees from the common man's
> > viewpoint. What else can you make out from Microsoft participating in a
> > Linux event and a Microsoft spokesman talking about how M$ is better
> > than Linux in TCO? We see things the same way that Media sees it.
> >
> > If LA believes that their actions were right and they have "effectively"
> > handled the situation, then this is point where the LUG and LA should
> > part ways permanently - their idea of what promotion of Linux is about,
> > and ours obviously differs. They have the right to continue doing what
> > they are doing. And we have the right to go our own way doing what we
> > feel is right.
>
> That would indeed be a sad event, but more importantly, a completely
> avoidable one, *if* people let their ego go a little.
>
> I liked ILUGD better when it wasn't committee-ised and decisions were
> not taken by individuals for the whole LUG. The freedom to fork is
> good but not the decision to do so on the slightest of provocation.
> It's not prudent to fragment the community like this.

Then who is supposed to take decisions. Do you want a poll to be
conducted for each and every decison that is taken? It's very easy to
say that it could have done this way and that way. Looking back at
past one and half years of ILUG-D activities, I've seen instances of
many volunteering to do some work and then backing out at last moment.
At the end of day only same bunch of people end up doing all the work
and that too without making any fuss.

Regards
Nikhil Prabhakar