On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 00:30 +0530, Anupam Jain wrote:
[...]

I have mixed views on Microsoft's participation in the event.
Personally, I feel that it is up to LFY to decide. Given that
Linux Asia is by no stretch of the imagination a community
event, and, the name notwithstanding, is hardly a beacon for the
promotion of free software, I see no reason for us to get overly
exercised.

> I liked ILUGD better when it wasn't committee-ised and decisions were
> not taken by individuals for the whole LUG. The freedom to fork is
> good but not the decision to do so on the slightest of provocation.
> It's not prudent to fragment the community like this.

However, I will take strong exception to this snark, as you have been
repeating this baseless canard. Would you clarify what exactly you
mean by "...committee-ised and decisions were not taken by individuals
for the whole LUG", and what was your basis for making that rather
dramatic accusation? As has been intimated on this list, the decision
not to participate was made by voting among people present at ILUG-D
meetings, and was made before we were aware of Microsoft participation.
Though some people in ILUG-D have strong viewpoints on this, there was
no fatwa issued against participation, and, in fact, many ILUG-D members
apparently did participate, and some even enjoyed it. Please
substantiate your allegations, or post a public retraction.

Regards,
Gora