Hi,

On 3/27/07, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are they unique ? ie for Theory 1 is the Circuit Diagram 1 the one and
> only one way to implement it ?

Yes. The circuit diagrams for explaining theoretical concepts are
unique, whichever book you take.

I don't want to replicate theory. Students can read from that. Just
the circuit diagram examples, and exercises.

> /me shall look at this later (although that does not mean that /me would
> comprehend) :D

No problem.

> If a reimplementation of
> the theory to make them compliant with FOSS tools require author
> permissions

Actually the book says "All Rights Reserved". It goes on to say that
any part of the book cannot be copied or "reimplemented", except for
reviews, without the consent of the authors and the publishers.

> how does that also apply to questions based on the same
> theories/circuit diagrams during examinations wherein only small bits
> are obfuscated ?
> So here's the "what if" bit ? What if you do ?

I see it from this angle:

1. The book is "prescribed" for "engineering students". By providing
Free Software to students with examples from the books, it only helps
in more students using the book.

2. It makes it "engineering" where-in students can experiment with
circuits with Free Software.
http://qucs.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

Or, simply put the fun back into engineering.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan