[snip]

> I do believe that Niyam has "been volunteered" :-) People at Sarai would
> probably be willing to pitch in if they saw a concerted effort, with a
> real chance of success.
[snip]

make that 'more than volunteered'.

am into serious professional-quality production with various tools and
gear and have figured out my way around most things that any
mainstream creative-type would need. ok enough talk. who do i contact,
when? i guess a meeting at sarai, with its excellent coffee (is it
still there?) would get me away from my comp for a little while.

meanwhile, last week i composed a 3:45 min piece of music entirely
using software tools under FOSS, from sound design to sequencing to
recording to sequencing, effects, pre and post-production to final
mix. burnt a cd and tested it on four to five different average
consumer stereo and hi-fi and car audio systems to see what different
sound-casts can do to it. was all set to publish it when i noticed
some human-errors so am back on my keyboard (qwerty behaves like a
music-keyboard when i do this)....

in other news, raj mathur and friji have done an excellent job with
schizoid.in a psytrance internet radio. listen to some stuff there if
you dig that type of music.

kishore bhargava's blog mentions a great tool for photo-touchup....

:-)
niyam