On 28-May-07, at 11:18 AM, Gora Mohanty wrote:

> [...]
>> could you say what exactly sarai uses multimedia for?
>
> The list at http://indlinux.org/wiki/index.php/CM_Multimedia
> is roughly in order of priority, namely:
> 1. Conversion between audio/video formats: This is only top-
>    priority because it is of general utility, and I know what
>    tools to use, and plan to build a small GUI front-end to
>    facilitate the work.

apart from this one, my recommendation is that if sarai has the funds
it would be better to stick to proprietary stuff for a year or two -
i wouldnt even recommend using blender, *unless* there is a person
who is both a professional in the field and a foss enthusiast. If
not, forget it.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves