I think the discussion would add value by debating on yet another dimension:

I think we have had ENOUGH of this vs that OS wars. Migration /
adoption of "this or that" Operating System question is shortly going
to be irrelevant at many a places for a variety of "valid reasons".
However, what is going to be the deciding line, in most "rational
thinking" places, is the applications which most end users are going
to use.

In so far as adoption by Corporates are concerned, the two most
influencing category of applications are 1. Office suites and 2. ERP.
Let us analyse this adoption/migration debate in the following light:

1. Office Suite: Can we discuss OpenOffice vs MS Office Adoption /
Migration instead of Windows vs Linux, irrespective of the underlying
OS? What are the compelling offerings in OpenOffice that will make
people move over from MS Office? With the war on suites now shifting
to the File Standard Formats, some of the issues we generally discuss
are yet again irrelevant. In fact it is the proprietary marriage of
Office-suite with Groupware and Collaboration, in form of Microsoft
Sharepoint Portal, that is forcing most Corporates to continue with
Microsoft Office, than adopting OpenOffice, which is good enough for
most users. Do we have an answer to Sharepoint Portal Server? In my
opinion, Plone makes a case, but to achieve such tight integration as
Sharepoint Portal, we need a proactive community effort. I am still
looking at one-easy-way to create and deploy Forms based applications,
of course that they should comply to XForms standards. Another viable
alternative to Plone has been Alfresco. See
http://www.webtekconcepts.com/2007/01/17/alfresco-vs-sharepoint/ and
http://www.protocol16.com/2007/05/28/alfresco-vs-sharepoint-1-of-4/
for more details.

It is not just plain OpenOffice vs MS Office issue. It is about
Corporate Applications getting locked up for lloonnnng times and in
turn raising a much more complex issue of migration!!!

2. ERP: Though many an established ERP solutions in the market are
known to be available on Linux as well. But how many of these ERP
Consultants talk about ERP on top of Linux? How many of these reputed
ERP offerings have their application clients [Rich Client] available
on Linux?

We need to take the "Windows vs Linux" debate to cover newer dimensions.

Anand Shankar