On 6/26/07, Surjo Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I never recommended that we all shift to Vista.  It is a matter of choice of
> every individual user.  I am using Vista at home because my wife is familiar
> only with Windows.  I didn't try to "convert" her to Linux as she has never
> heard of it.  She heard it for the first time when I mentioned it to her.

My parents (age 60 and above) never heard of Linux, but they are using
it without any problem. What problem they are facing is typing and handling
mouse. So, the real challenge is to provide easy input methods/devices. I am
currently trying Dasher for them.

Also, if you are familiar with Windows you can use Linux, but if you
are addicted to
Windows then you cannot.

> I only reiterated the market reality.  Microsoft has the desktop market
> already.  If you happen to visit any middle class home who have a PC for
> their entertainment purpose, invariably you will find it loaded with Windows
> in at least 95% of the cases.

It is just a matter of time. Time changes everything.

Regards and best wishes,
--
Rahul Upakare