On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 16:32 +0530, Rohan George wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm a lawyer and I'd be glad to help. While I'm new to this list, I've been
> following issues on open source/foss and Indian copyright law for some time
> now. If someone needs further info, I could help. But it'd be useful to know
> what questions concerning legality came up,specifically.
[...]

Somewhat irrelevant to the legal perspective from India, but while net
radio has been spared the guillotine in the US for the nonce, there are
disturbing implications to the Faustian bargain^W^Wsettlement that
people seem to be making with SoundExchange nee RIAA. Some links of
interest:
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/005367.php
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/02/061241
http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/19/1758204
It seems to be that net radio is being coerced into accepting DRM in
exchange for the remission of outrageous fees that would put them out
of business.

Regards,
Gora