This might seem off-topic but please Indulge me for a moment while I talk
about one my aspirations (now dead). I have a Sharp EL-6890 personal
organizer, or rather had one. The gadget had 256kb of flash and a decent
display screen and what set it apart from the Casio organizers was that it
had a com port.

About a year back, I had this wonderful idea to make something useful out of
it. To make it so that you plug the device to the serial port of your
computer and get a login prompt on the device! How cool would that have
been, especially because it hadn't been done before.

Anyways, I open the thing only to find that the top of all chips (two big
ones representing probably the processor and memory) had been fused
(probably custom chips inside)..

Yeah probably its an overkill to do blinking lights..

Thanks
Sharad Birmiwal