> Interesting. We, at Sarai, CSDS, have recently had a similar
> requirement come up, i.e., the sharing of digital documents,
> with ease of use, indexing, searching, and levels of access
> control in mind. In our case, however, most of the sharing
> will happen over the Internet, though, with a web interface
> that does not make too much of a difference as far as setting
> up the system goes. After taking a preliminary look at various
> systems, I narrowed it down to Dspace and Alfresco
> (http://www.alfresco.com), and finally chose Alfresco because
> of support, ease of installation, and availability of
> documentation. However, I should admit that once I found that
> Alfresco met our needs, I did not investigate Dspace as closely.

I had not seen alfresco. A quick look suggests that Alfresco is a more
general purpose content management software. dspace and invenio are
more specific in nature: they are designed to build digital
collections for libraries.  They are also specifically designed for
academic libraries. It is of course possible that Alfresco does that
job just as well. I would be terribly interested in seeing how you
have implemented alfresco, and what all do you do with it.

> I take it that you are based in Delhi. Can we meet to share
> information, and hopefully also work together in setting up
> a common system? I am on vacation right now, but will be back
> in Delhi on the 31st. Would it be possible for you to come
> down to Sarai, CSDS, 29 Rajpur Road? It is in North Delhi, in
> between the ISBT, and the Delhi University campus.

Yes. Must meet after you come back!

Vikas