--- Linux Lingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> dear all,
>
> what are the best options for backing up 40 to 60 gb
> of data per month?
> dvd discs have come down in price, but some of the
> data-files are
> individually larger than 10gb (home video) and
> cutting and storing
> sliced versions across discs is rather inelegant.

 Take a harddrive of double or more capacity than your
total data and do a weekly rsync of all your data.
Simple :-)
If you tell us the layout for your data (or data
partition) we can write a script for you to automate
the backup.

regards
VK

Engineers normally have problem with every solution. If not they have  a
solution in search of a problem.

Disclaimer
distinction is yours to draw...