Vikram Ranade wrote:
> 750 GB drives cost 11k each at Nehru Place.
>
> we've just bought a bunch of them for storage.
> Personally I recommend a HDD based software raid 5 array.
> I have 2 such arrays at home totalling 2.5TB and they have been
> working really well for the past 2 years.
>
> We did something similar at work with several 1.5TB arrays for backups
> using rsync scripts to pull backups 3 times a day from client machines.

With over 2TB of space at home, you just volunteered to give a talk at
freed.in ;-)

Please, please, please, Vikram go and register a talk on backup and
backup solutions. There are actually several really cool solutions with
large volume managers like Openfiler and many of the rsync based
thingys. Would be a neat talk.

Cheers...Kishore
--
The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.