--- gopal krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My scenario goes this way.
>
> I have a Linux box and every developer has the root
> password and I cannot take the password from them
> coz that's their requirement....And what I need is
> some why by which I can trace every activity
> performed in that box with the client's IP who fired
> those commands.

Don't give them root password, give them sudo access.
You can either restrict them to only use commands that
they need or give them full access. You should be able
to see who ran what command but this is not guranteed.
You may want to run Tripwire or something similar for
better change control.

Regards,
--Naresh