gopal krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My scenario goes this way.
>
> I have a Linux box and every developer has the root password and I cannot take
the password from them coz
> that's their requirement....And what I need is some why by which I can trace
every activity performed in
> that box with the client's IP who fired those commands.

You need to be more specific about the aims behind this and the sort of stuff
you are guarding against.

How I might consider doing it:

1. tee a copy of the keylogs into another box. If the developer does
something evil, you'll be able to trace at least upto the evil step.

or

2. If you want to guarantee a trace beyond the evil step, you'll have to put a
man in the middle type of proxy solution and allow only plain text between the
MITM box and the end box which you'd be logging on the MITM box.

An interesting extra issue is that it sounds like you may not be able to
trust your developers to implement any of this for you without them putting in
a backdoor.

PJ