gopal krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

> My scenario goes this way.
>
> I have a Linux box and every developer has the root password and I cannot take
the password from them coz
> that's their requirement....And what I need is some why by which I can trace
every activity performed in
> that box with the client's IP who fired those commands.

You probably need to write a wrapper script which starts "script"[1] with $SHELL
set to user's actual shell. And then install this wrapper script as user's
shell.

"script" command is part of BSD, and is available in Linux under "util-linux"
package.

The "script" process will trace every line printed on user's terminal, except
curses stuff ;-)

And for logging IP addresses of user in the wrapper, you can $SSH_CLIENT :)