On Dec 28, 2007 2:16 PM, Gora Mohanty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 13:49 +0530, Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:
> [...]
> >           I am wondering if it will be possible to participate via
> > IRC. That would be great though.
> [...]
>
> We can certainly try that, though it has not worked well in
> the past. Maybe, if we specifically allocate time for IRC
> comments. We do need to find a way to have broader
> participation in meetings for people who are not in Delhi.

IRC is inelegant for a participatory meet. andrew mentioned a superb
solution once for group video conferencing. we could try that.
ideally, a webcam that captures the overall ambience, and a mic,
passed around so that audio may make it to the webcast, could get it
started. the rest as per doktor professeur andrew.

let's actively pursue a solution for remote-participation that is more
evolved than IRC.

regards
niyam

--