> Please do
> remember that Freed.in is what the community wants it
> to be, so if you do not like the change of focus, please
> be at the meeting, and make yourselves heard.

This focus on "what the community wants", in my opinion, does not
always work. There are things which need to be driven by a single
person or a small core team based on their personal convictions.
Everything can't be a decision by committee.

All those who're harping about the inappropriateness about the new
direction of Freed on the mailing list (me included) will probably not
work as much (or not work at all) in running around to get stuff
organized. So why let them take control of the decision? (which would
mean giving them a vote in the meeting -- if it comes to that)

The core team can listen to everyone's view, and execute only what
they themselves are convinced about. Not some fuzzy "community" trying
to drive stuff by proxy using video conferencing and IRC.

Nandz.
--
http://nandz.blogspot.com
http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com