[snipping]

On Jan 4, 2008 11:25 AM, Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdadm/+bug/125471/comments/4
> (4th comment, root NOT on raid but booting into initramfs)
> How have others Linux RAID experience in recent Linux distros  been?

created raid1, hdd-crashed, failed the bad disk, array running in degraded mode.

I can't recall clearly if Feisty busyboxed me when I rebooted after
the hdd-crash. The behaviour documented in the bug seems to be crazy
from the point of view of people who do not have KVM / physical access
to their servers. I would be interested in knowing when this "bug"
manifested itself for the first time, maybe we should pin mdadm to the
last "sane" version, until this gets resolved.

~ViM

--
Vipul Mathur
vipul[at]linux-delhi.org