On 1/14/08, Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:43:32 +0530, Sriram J
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Does the idea of open source take precedence over usability.  but
>
>        If you find free software is not as usable as you would wish it
> to be, you have the  opportunity to improve the free software in
> question by scratching your itch.  This is how we get free software to
> start with.

There is a catch here.
you can not scratch your itch any way you feel like.
only if the free software you write matches 100% with the ideology only then
it is accepted.
if you scratch you itch for hardware support in a way that does not
completely and totally match the ideology then it will be removed or
disabled  and you will be where you started.

So i am back to my original question
Does the idea of open source take precedence over usability.