>  >
>  > the question is: the original partial file is a wget download - how
>  > can you continue that download with torrent?

I think what Mehul is trying to say is that if the filename that the
torrent client creates is exactly the same as the file that the user
had been downloading with wget, then most torrent clients will take
that as a base and assume that the data already 'in' the file has been
downloaded in a previous session and continue downloading the rest of
the data.

The gnome built-in torrent client does check the file for data already
downloaded while resuming a session, so Mehul's suggestion just might
work. I've never written a torrent client myself to understand the
protocol well enough, though.

--
Sharninder