On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Manish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Manish wrote:
>   >  I have been following up with IDBI bank on the same issue for past few
>   >  weeks (they move slower than frozen molasses going uphill).  They were
>   >  told about Hall of Shame and their entry there.  I am getting nowhere
>   >  with them and am considering moving to AXIS bank.  Here's the latest
>   >  correspondance.
>
>  An encouraging update from IDBI on the above issue:
>
>  "We wish to inform you that the necessary rectification is under
>  process and you can log in to your Internet Banking account using
>  Linux and Firfox within 10 days. Kindly bear with us."
>
>  :)

Goes to show good intentions on the part of the bank, they actually
want to retain customers and are open to feedback. Assuming this is
the case with most organisations, I wish more Linux users would
complain when things don't work with free software. Complaining really
does work!

<gyan>
Reminds me of my college days when instead of using Matlab, I made it
a point to do all my assignments in Octave and explicitly print
*Generated using Octave* on every single graph I submitted. I'm not
sure if I brought about a big change but atleast I had fun explaining
what Octave is to people :)

Passive Resistance is the key to all problems. It is not possible to
bring about change by compromising (using Wine/ie4Linux/Dual-booting
etc.). Make the effort on behalf of all Linux users and keep fighting
the good fight.
</gyan>

 :)

-- Anupam