Hi all...need some help!

I am planning to buy a laptop. As my institute supports only the
dell-latitutes at this moment. I wish to know if Fedora 7 or above (or Red
Hat enterprise) works all right with it. Dell-precision is the seond choice
I have if 'latitute with linux' option does not work out.

I am planning to go for the following spec:

1. 2.5Ghz/2.6 Ghz dual core processor ( is there a major difference in the
speed of the two... as the difference in the price is pretty large).
2. two separate hard disks (making at least 250GB) for linux and windows,
respectively. Are there any issues such as heating and speed with two
separate hard drives on the laptop?
The option I got was a 200GB SATA HDD (7.2k rpm) + 80MB PATA (5400 rpm) 2nd
drive...I am a bit skeptical about the PATA drive!!!
3. 1X2GB SDRAM
4. 9 cell Li-ion bettery
5. 8X DVD RW
6. 6MB L2 Cache with 800MHz FSB
7. blue tooth
8. wi-fi etc.

Which audio/video, wireless network cards are the best with Linux ?

Should there be any other issues you know of and would like to share?

More advise/suggestions are welcome on the spec!!

Thanks in advance,
Sonika