Vikas Rawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Acer has recently introduced in India a sub-notebook pre-loaded with Linux
> (a fedora-based distribution called Linpus lite). The machine runs on an
> Intel Atom processor, has 1 gig RAM, 120 GB HDD and an 8.9" screen.
>
> I am considering picking up a piece but would be interested if anyone has
> any experience to share. Or any feedback on Intel Atom processors?
>
> The reviews of Intel Atom processors on the internet show very poor
> processing performance though they do well in terms of power consumption.
> Any comments?
>
> Best,
>
> Vikas
http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd-cunTk1MwBs8/MmOfgqcDl+ys7Bb73OIl <at>
public.gmane.org/

I have had mine for about 10 days.  Overall I like the machine for my purposes.
 The battery lasts about 2 1/2 hours, the screen is awesome, not a bit of
problems connecting with the internet.  I also have used my Verizon modem on the
machine and it works just fine.  I use Outlook 2003 and Open Office on it
without any problems.

Except for the battery life, I really like the machine.  Since the price for
this model has dropped to $349 I think it is a steal.