> I have had mine for about 10 days.  Overall I like the machine for my
> purposes.
>  The battery lasts about 2 1/2 hours, the screen is awesome, not a bit of
> problems connecting with the internet.  I also have used my Verizon modem
> on the
> machine and it works just fine.  I use Outlook 2003 and Open Office on it
> without any problems.
>
> Except for the battery life, I really like the machine.  Since the price
> for
> this model has dropped to $349 I think it is a steal.

What is your experience with the speed? Reviews of Intel Atom seem very
poor. My concern was about how the computer would cope with multiple
applications running simultaneously. What may happen if one started a linux
distro and virtual box on it to run another OS?

The price in India is Rs 21000 for the linux model which is indeed very
attractive.

Vikas