> I have same chipset in my desktop an with kernel version
> 2.6.24-18-generic I have added following kernel command line to make
> it work
>
>  pci=routeirq

Please try the above and add it at boot and see if it resolves the issue.

Could you please explain what does this command do. I tried and it worked.

But only once. I updated the packages. But then I put pci=routeirq in the
menu.lst, so that it will be called at boot.
But next time it does not work!! I tried rebooting, checked the command, ...
but no luck.

This is weird. Could you please help.

Vikas