> currently my thinking too.
> how the music streams through the air to your two biological and
> analog ears does not matter, so long as you get juiced up with
> good-enough quality. check this 'roll your own ipod (sort of)'
> approach, based on a tip kishore bhargava gave me last year:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/niyam/2570134330/
>
> the catch, it needs a power-adaptor, but you can get a
> battery-adaptor, which is a bit clunky.
> the good stuff: drag and drop any media file with freedom.

Rockbox or iPod Linux is not available for iPod Classic 80 GB yet. I tried
installing ipodLinux on mine, but it crashed so thougt better not to mess
with firmware.  Or is it now available?

> yup, so while you bypass ipod's restrictive iTunes, and enjoy your
> ogg, apple uses your dollars to develop and strengthen its DRM-based
> devices, software, and services.
>
> regards
> niyam

Completely agree. Let's bycott Apple completely. And I trust you also will
not endorse Macs as apesome hardware-software integration anymore ;-)

I wanted a new lappie, instead of going for an 'iSucker', I choose Dell XPS
1330. Know what in US, it comes preloaded with Ubuntu. Here I will wipe
'Widows Vishtha[1]' and install Ubuntu Intrepid. Currently I use GTKpod and
GPIXpod to sync my iPod, which I, unfortunately, bought before I set out on
Foss journey.

And you know what the name of my iPod is Ubuntu, with a big Ubuntu Logo at
the backside.

Apple just sucks.

Swapnil
[1] Vishtha means potty in Sanskrit.