Chirag Anand wrote:
What will happen to my warranty if in case i buy extra memory/space/battery
from external vendors?

you should speak with your Vendor about that before you buy it. The HP reseller I got my laptop from didnt have any problems, so the 3 yr warranty stayed in place, even though I got the laptop with 512MB of ram and then bumped it to 2 GB the next day ( bought the extra ram off www.crucial.com/uk ).

Does Dell not do the windows refund though ?
If Dell gives the refund, i can definitely look forward to buying it. Many
of my friends are quite happy with Dell. No problem in 2yrs...and they are
providing quite a good configuration at this price.

Sounds like something you should follow up then.

Are fujitsu laptops specifically for industry/professional use? Being a
student, should i consider it?

In India the first thing you should really look at is - how much service and support can you get, and if the vendor would be happy for you to run linux on it, and still support you. Then workout how well the laptops are built and how long the warranty is going to be. Then speak to everyone you know how has a laptop and has had one for a few months - then decide on what the best course of action might be!

HTH

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

  • [ilug... Linux Lingam
    • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
    • ... Karanbir Singh
      • ... Linux Lingam
        • ... Karanbir Singh
          • ... Chirag Anand