On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Sudev Barar<sba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/22 Linux Lingam <linuxlin...@gmail.com>
>> > Been in touch with him and have given him a path forward to try a
>> > pilot themselves. [snip]
>>
>> curious. what's the progress?
>> i saw the email when it first got published, but wondered if this had
>> to do with the newspaper's editorial, production, advertising,
>> distribution, and/or MIS departments.
>
> AFAIK - AFter I gave them a few things to try out they did not come
> back. Although they were curious and impatient to get on
> implementation path.

oh ho! i hope they haven't gone back to proprietary software. it's
rather difficult to migrate to foss for newspaper or magazine
publishing, when in truth it is not as difficult as it seems. all it
demands is a careful understanding of all limitations, finding clever
and even non-digital hacks around most of these limitations, and
moving forward in small steps over a gradual path.

regards
niyam