Mehul Ved <mehul.n....@...> writes:

> Where is the OT tag? I don't see anything related to linux or open
> source in this post? One needs to post this just to bash microsoft?

True. But it isn't really MS bashing. It is more of a bitter laugh over how
pushing something evil as a policy can turn back and hurt you. Even if looks
like it will favour the pusher at the time.

To go off topic, you'd have to do something like post a bitter laugh over how
the ISI pushed something evil like terrorism as a policy and ended up close to
destroying Pakistan, even though it looked like a good idea at the time. And
then start ranting about how MS is a terrorist organisation that hates our
freedom etc.

But the original poster was pretty much on topic, since MS is using patents as a
weapon against linux. It was MS, after all, that has famously claimed (in a
classic FUD attack) that the linux kernel infringed on 235 patents.

While linux is protected from this kind of crap from MS, the patent quagmire is
a danger to free software, and to innovation generally. So I'd say it is of
interest to us.

As much as we'd like to stay out of these issues, MS won't let you. So we should
be aware of these.

PJ
lugdelhi dot to dot peejay at spamgourmet dot com